- Canada: Dildo is a town in Newfoundland, Canada.
- Canada: Swearing in French has been outlawed in Montréal.
- China: Rescuing a drowning person is not allowed as it would be interfering with their fate.
- France: In 1778, fashionable women of Paris never went out in blustery weather without a lightning rod attached to their hats.
- Germany: During WWII, the Germans lost 126 generals. 84 of these were executed by Hitler.
- Italy: To "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement made by swearing on their testicles.
- Italy: In 1892, Italy raised the minimum age for marriage for girls to 12.
- Sweden: Twenty percent of all road accidents in Sweden involve a moose.
- UK: In Chester, you are allowed to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow provided it is done inside the city walls and after midnight.
- UK: Every month the Thames water treatment plants remove over a ton of pubic hair, whereupon it is taken away to a landfill sight and buried.
- UK: Scotland is estimated to have been Europe's biggest persecutor of witches, putting to death over 4,000 alleged witches in the 17th and 18th centuries.
- USA: In Alabama, it is forbidden for a man to beat his wife more than once a month.
- USA: The IRS employee manual includes provisions for collecting taxes in the aftermath of a nuclear war.
- Zanzibar: The shortest war there has ever been was between Britain and Zanzibar during 1896. It lasted 38 minutes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.